- 4 servings
- 2 cups of plain flour ('"00" flour works well if available)
- 1/4 cup of cold press vegetable juice: beetroot, green or carrot is best
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Pour flour onto clean, non-porous work surface. Create a well in the centre to which add the eggs, vegetable juice and olive oil.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together with a fork and then slowly combine the flour into the middle. Then begin to mix together with your hands. Knead the dough, folding over and pulling/stretching away. Continue for 5 minutes or so, until a smooth tight ball has formed. It is best to wrap the dough in cling-film and place into the fridge for 30 minutes if possible.
- Fit your BioChef Axis Cold Press Juicer with the mincing/processing strainer and also the pasta/noodle nozzle best suited.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cut into portions to fit through the juicer. Sprinkle the work surface and each dough portion with flour.
- Turn the machine on and feed the dough portion through slowly. Place one hand at the end of the machine to catch the pasta as it comes out of the machine and lay flat on the work surface.
- Place pasta into boiling salted water and cook until al dente to taste.